The Women's Centre
17-33 Shawpark Street
T: 0141 576 1400
supporting women supports families which supports communities
We offer a safe, positive, accessible environment to empower women to develop confidence,
raise aspirations and fulfil their potential.
The Women’s Centre aims to bring women together and enable them to tackle issues of importance and to find practical ways of improving their situation.
Women’s Action Forum
The Women’s Action Forum was established after many local women realised that after the referendum, politics were actually something they were interested in and that to strengthen women's position in society, collective action was a good way forward.
The Women’s Action Forum runs every 4 weeks on a Tuesday. The meeting begins at 1pm but women are invited to a light lunch from 12.30 pm.
Why Join? Well, why not?
• Be part of a group of women all with the same vision and passion for sharing and learning skills
• Meet new friends in a sociable and welcoming environment
• Meet women with similar interests on a regular basis
• Take part in social events
• Campaign on issues that matter to you and your community
Pensions Conference Wednesday 28th September 10.30am till 2pm.
Many Women especially those born in the 1950s have been affected by the pension cut due to the rise in retirement age. Many other women have little or no knowledge of the affects this will have for them in the future. Please come along to this event to find out more.