TEMPORARY POST OF COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
Currently seeking a friendly, well-organised individual for the role of communications officer. This post will require immediate start and is a temporary post until 31st March 2019. The Women’s Centre Glasgow is a charitable organisation that has been established for over 20 years supporting women and their families. The candidate will be keen to work in a passionate, relaxed culture on an exciting scale-up journey. This post would be suitable for a recently qualified graduate or anyone other relevant or similar experience, who is looking to gain experience of the voluntary and statutory sector and the challenges which women face in society.
• An opportunity to gain invaluable experience by carrying out various administrative tasks that will support the Women’s Centre team.
• Act as a point of contact for our busy Reception where a courteous and professional manner is required
• Must be up to date on social, economic and political issues
• Be proactive and have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as being a supportive team member
• Be IT literate with a knowledge of Microsoft office suite
• Full responsibility for updating and maintaining our website and social media on a daily basis, this includes developing promotional materials for events and training
• Promote and publicise the centres programme of activities and deal with bookings and enquiries.
• Provide information and market the centre to other agencies and services
• Provide information to visitors, show them around the centre and promote the services we provide including positively promoting our “Women only” Policy.
• Excellent communication and social media skills and apply in context of women’s issues as our services has a wide range of age groups.
• Listening is a key component.
• Self-motivated and self-starter working with minimum supervision
• Understands discretion and respect for others as this is crucial in our culture
• Works well under pressure, organise work load to suit deadlines
30 hour week post usually 9.30 – 4 pm but can include evening and weekend working to accommodate the centre’s needs.
£13,650 per annum. This post is fully funded by the Scottish Government Aspiring Communities Fund with support from the European Social Fund and ends in march 2019.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 14th November 2018. Selected candidates will be informed if they are required to attend. Please note this post will require an immediate start on the 19th November.
Women only need apply as this job is required for a person of a particular sex as defined under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
“CHANGING LIVES, SHAPING FUTURES”